Saturday, October 21, 2006

First Blog!

OK. So my name's Heather. I'm a a junior. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ, and I love Him with my whole heart. He is the reason I wake up and breathe everyday. I live to glorify Him in everything I do. I cannot wait to be in eternity with Him forever. I also have an amazing family. A hard-working, fun, loving dad, who is such an example to me and everyone around him. A REALLY REALLY REALLY patient, caring mom, who teaches me daily how to be a good mother, wife, and woman of God. And an awesome brother who sometimes drives me crazy..... but I dont know what I would do without him.

Anyway, this whole blog started this weekend with the Blakeys. Pastor Bobby asked Curren n I if we had blogs...we said no. He was shocked. So right then and there he told us that this weekend....was going to be the weekend....that we started blogging. So on Friday we went over to Pastor Bobby's parents house...and got blogs. It was an adventure trying figure out names and titles and fun stuff like that. Some of the options of titles that were available were hilarious. Especially...hope for heather, and heather....the future. It was amazing. We had a great time.

But we eventually came up with Hope For the Future, which comes from my favorite verse: Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This verse gives me hope that God loves us, and doesnt want us to fail. I put my complete trust in Christ, and the plans that He has for my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,

Great to see your writing on your blog! Looking forward to more...

Anonymous said...

Heather, how exciting to see you blogging! I loved the little "about you" quiz..watering plants job! That's so cute! I love LOST too! Curious...what do you read on Focus on the Family every day?

Anonymous said...

I like the first part just saying you hold the LORD most high! It's cool how your just soo close to your family too, thats pretty important. Just keep it up.

Anonymous said...

acually anonymous didn't say it it was me :)

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I'm so proud and blessed at the same time to be your mother. How you've spiritually grown into a godly young women this last 2 yrs. I pray that God will continue to use you and further his kingdom. You touched your father & my heart so much hearing just a tid-bit of your testimony under the UTST last year... Thank you for sharing that part of your life - We'll never forget it... I love reading your blogs, they are inspiring to read. Love you much!